Wednesday 24 April 2013

Traitor Marine

I thought I'd try my hand at drawing a Space Marine... but then I thought, nah, let's go for a Traitor Marine instead.

Even after much deliberation, I was unable to decide exactly which legion (or chapter) he should be from. As the drawing evolved further I started to go with a slight Word Bearers theme, but nothing too obvious. There are one or two hints at it about the picture.
What I wanted to capture most about the character was that he'd been around (and exposed to the ruinous powers of the Warp) for a bloody long time.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely as usual. That chainsword in the background is brutal looking device...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Turska!
      I have to confess that I borrowed the basic design of the chainblade from JB's illustrations of Magnus the Red for the Horus Heresy CCG.

      Delete
  2. Nice work... but I really want to see more of the cultist in the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasgunpacker :)
      Of course you do. Might have to give him his own sketch at some point.

      Delete
  3. This is "Light-Tricks" from DA. Excellent work, this really captures the soul of the setting in a way that seems to have been lost now.

    Do you take commissions at all...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the high praise, Kieran. Much appreciated :)

      I do indeed take commissions. Send me an email (schwager@solitudo.com) if you want to have a chat about it.

      Delete