Tuesday 9 April 2013

Imperial Official

High time for another update!
This one has been in the works for a while: I spent several days on the sketch, after which the sketch just sat there for a few weeks, and last weekend I finally managed to paint it.

As the title suggests, he's an imperial official, enforcing the God Emperor's will in the grim dark future of the 41st millennium.
He still needs a name and purpose, but I imagine him to be a tithe collector or something of that sort.

Any suggestions and/or comments are very welcome.


9 comments:

  1. Another inventive grim dark character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that's pretty neat! What did you use to colour it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for the nice comments :)

    @Kari - All painted in Photoshop straight over a pencil sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, doesn't have that digital feel at all. I thought these were watercolours and coloured pencils because of how natural the textures and colours are.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Nathan :)
      I think it's the process more than the medium. When I paint in Photoshop, I work in a very similar way to how I use watercolours and acrylics.

      Delete
  4. IT's great to see talented photoshop users! I also like doing digital coloring with drawing tables - a friend of mine has a small Vacoom-table and it sure is a fun toy to play with.

    About the guy in the picture - His looks tell me he might not be the most trusted man around...

    Great job as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Turska.
      I was very resistant towards going digital for a long time. But as you say, it's good fun once you get a hang of it.

      Would you not trust an imperial official?
      That's bordering on heresy, my friend ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Oz. Unfortunately I didn't get all of your comment... my Spanish is rather lousy ;)

    ReplyDelete